- (British) IPA: [ˈdɪdəɫ]
diddle (plural diddles)
- (music) In percussion, two consecutive notes played by the same hand (either RR or LL), similar to the drag, except that by convention diddles are played the same speed as the context in which they are placed.
- (slang, childish) The penis.
diddle (diddles, present participle diddling; past and past participle diddled)
- (transitive, slang) To cheat; to swindle.
- (transitive, slang) To have sex with.
- (transitive, slang) To masturbate (especially of women).
- (transitive) To waste time.
- (intransitive) To totter, like a child learning to walk; to daddle.
- And, when his forward strength began to bloom, / To see him diddle up and down the Room!
- (transitive, computing, slang) To manipulate a value at the level of individual bits binary digits.
- cot en
- (cheat) defraud, take for a ride; see also Thesaurus:deceive
- (have sex with) go to bed with, sleep with; see also Thesaurus:copulate with
- (masturbate) beat off, play with oneself; see also Thesaurus:masturbate
- (waste time) dick around, lollygag; see also Thesaurus:loiter
- (totter) reel, stagger, sway
- Russian: мошенничать
- A meaningless word used when singing a tune or indicating a rhythm.
- What's that tune that goes "diddle di-dum, diddle di-dum, diddle di-dum-dum"?