diner (plural diners)
- One who dines.
- When it comes to Chinese food I have always operated under the policy that the less known about the preparation the better. A wise diner who is invited to visit the kitchen replies by saying, as politely as possible, that he has a pressing engagement elsewhere.
- A dining car in a railroad train.
- Synonyms: dining car
- The diner is everybody's kitchen.
- A typically small restaurant, usually modeled after a railroad dining car, that serves lower-class fare, normally having a counter with stools along one side and booths on the other, and often decorated in 50s and 60s pop culture themes and playing popular music from those decades.
- Synonyms: pub
- French: café-restaurant, wagon-restaurant
- German: Speisewagen
- Italian: vagone ristorante, ristoro
- Portuguese: diner, vagão-restaurante
- Russian: ваго́н-рестора́н