dinghy (plural dinghies)
- (nautical) A small open boat, propelled by oars or paddles, carried as a tender, lifeboat, or pleasure craft on a ship.
- (nautical) An inflatable rubber life raft.
- French: youyou, petit canoe, dinghy
- German: Dingi, Jolle
- Italian: battello, pedalò
- Portuguese: bote
- Russian: я́лик
- Spanish: lancha, bote de remo
- French: dinghy
- German: Schlauchboot, Floßsack
- Italian: battello pneumatico
- Portuguese: bote inflável
- Russian: рези́новая ло́дка
- Spanish: balsa de caucho, bote inflable
dinghy (dinghies, present participle dinghying; past and past participle dinghied)
- (intransitive) To travel by dinghy.