- (British) IPA: /dɪsæmˌbɪɡjuːˈeɪʃən/
- The removal of ambiguity.
- The lexical disambiguation relies on looking ahead to identify possible senses.
- 1827, George Bentham, Outline of a New System of Logic: With a Critical Examination of Dr. Whately's "Elements of Logic, page 88 ↗
- Disambiguation — where it is to fix the sense of an ambiguous term. This operation has been termed distinction by some Logicians, and erroneously reckoned as a species of division.
- French: désambiguïsation
- German: Disambiguation, Begriffsklärung
- Italian: disambiguazione
- Portuguese: desambiguação, desambiguização (Portugal), desambigüização (Brazil)
- Russian: дизамбигуа́ция
- Spanish: desambiguación