- IPA: /dɪsˈkɹiːt/
- Separate; distinct; individual; non-continuous.
- a government with three discrete divisions
- That can be perceived individually and not as connected to, or part of something else.
- (electrical engineering) Having separate electronic components, such as individual diodes, transistors and resisters, as opposed to integrated circuitry.
- (audio engineering) Having separate and independent channels of audio, as opposed to multiplexed stereo or quadraphonic, or other multi-channel sound.
- (topology) Having each singleton subset open: said of a topological space or a topology.
- Disjunctive; containing a disjunctive or discretive clause.
- "I resign my life, but not my honour" is a discrete proposition.
- French: distinct
- German: diskret
- Italian: distinto, separato
- Portuguese: distinguido distinto, discreto
- Russian: отде́льный
- Spanish: discreto