- (British) IPA: [dɪsˈmɪsəɫ], [dɪzˈmɪsəɫ]
- The act of sending someone away.
Deprivation of office; the fact or process of being fired from employment or stripped of rank.
- A written or spoken statement of such an act.
- Release from confinement; liberation.
- Removal from consideration; putting something out of one's mind, mentally disregarding something or someone.
- (legal) The rejection of a legal proceeding, or a claim or charge made therein.
- (cricket) The event of a batsman getting out; a wicket.
- French: limogeage, licenciement
- German: Entlassung, Kündigung, Abberufung
- Portuguese: dispensa
- Russian: увольне́ние