district (plural districts)
- An administrative division of an area.
- the Soho district of London
- An area or region marked by some distinguishing feature.
- the Lake District in Cumbria
- (UK) An administrative division of a county without the status of a borough.
- South Oxfordshire District Council
- French: district
- German: Bezirk, Kreis, Landkreis, Stadtteil (city), Stadtviertel (city), Distrikt, Stadtbezirk (city)
- Italian: distretto
- Portuguese: distrito
- Russian: райо́н
- Spanish: distrito
district (districts, present participle districting; past and past participle districted)
- (transitive) To divide into administrative or other districts.
- (with determiner, informal) The District of Columbia, the federal district of the United States.
- (with determiner, mostly local usage) Any of numerous governmental districts.
- (rail) The District Line of the London Underground, originally known as the District Railway.