- IPA: /ˈdaɪ̯vəɹ/
diver (plural divers)
- Someone who dives, especially as a sport.
- Synonyms: urinator
- Someone who works underwater; a frogman.
- (UK, Ireland) The loon (bird).
- The New Zealand sand diver.
- The long-finned sand diver.
- (UK, London, dated) A passenger carrying vehicle using an underground route; specially, a diver tram, one using the former Kingsway tramway subway (1906-1952).
- (slang, obsolete) A pickpocket.
- (sports) A competitor in certain sports who is known to regularly imitate being fouled, with the purpose of getting his/her opponent penalised.
- French: plongeur
- German: Taucher, Taucherin underwater diver
- Italian: tuffatore, palombaro, sommozzatore
- Portuguese: mergulhador
- Russian: ныря́льщик
- Spanish: saltador, saltadora jumping, buzo underwater diver, submarinista
- Russian: водола́з