- (military) A tactic used to draw attention away from the real threat or action.
- A hobby; an activity that distracts the mind.
- The act of diverting.
- Removal of water via a canal.
- (transport) A detour, such as during road construction.
- (transport) The rerouting of cargo or passengers to a new transshipment point or destination, or to a different mode of transportation before arrival at the ultimate destination.
- (legal) Officially halting or suspending a formal criminal or juvenile justice proceeding and referral of the accused person to a treatment or care program.
- (hobby) See also Thesaurus:hobby
- French: diversion
- German: Ablenkung, Ablenkungsmanöver
- Italian: diversivo
- Portuguese: diversão
- Russian: отвлека́ющий манёвр
- Spanish: distracción, diversión
- German: Unterhaltung, (archaic) Zerstreuung, Ablenkung, Hobby, Zeitvertreib
- Italian: svago
- Russian: развлече́ние
- German: Umleitung
- Russian: объе́зд