- (America) IPA: /ˈdɑmɪsaɪl/, /ˈdɑmɪsɪl/
domicile (plural domiciles)
- (formal) A home or residence.
- The call to jury duty was sent to my legal domicile; too bad I was on vacation at the time.
- (legal) A residence at a particular place accompanied with an intention to remain there for an unlimited time; a residence accepted as a final abode.
- French: domicile
- German: Domizil
- Italian: domicilio
- Portuguese: domicílio
- Russian: ме́сто жи́тельства
- Spanish: domicilio
domicile (domiciles, present participle domiciling; past and past participle domiciled)
- To have a domicile in a particular place.
- The answer depends on which state he was domiciled in at his death.