- The act of dominating; exercise of power in ruling; dominion; supremacy; authority, often when arbitrary or insolent.
- In such a people, the haughtiness of domination combines with the spirit of freedom.
- A ruling party; a party in power.
- A high order of angels in the celestial hierarchy.
- 1667, John Milton, “Book V”, in Paradise Lost. A Poem Written in Ten Books, London: Printed [by Samuel Simmons], and are to be sold by Peter Parker […] [a]nd by Robert Boulter […] [a]nd Matthias Walker, […], OCLC 228722708 ↗; republished as Paradise Lost in Ten Books: The Text Exactly Reproduced from the First Edition of 1667: […], London: Basil Montagu Pickering […], 1873, OCLC 230729554 ↗:
- Thrones, dominations, princedoms, virtues, powers.
- A fetish characterized by control/power over and discipline of one's sexual partner.
- (topology) Synonym of cover#English|cover