donation (plural donations)
- A voluntary gift or contribution for a specific cause.
- They were collecting donations for the elderly at Christmas.
- 1610–1611, William Shakespeare, “The Tempest”, in Mr. William Shakespeares Comedies, Histories, & Tragedies: Published According to the True Originall Copies (First Folio), London: Printed by Isaac Iaggard, and Ed[ward] Blount, published 1623, OCLC 606515358 ↗, [Act IV, scene i]:
- And some donation freely to estate
On the bless'd lovers.
- The act of giving or bestowing; a grant.
- After donation there is an absolute change and alienation of the property of the thing given.
- French: donation
- German: Abgabe, Spende
- Italian: donazione
- Portuguese: doação
- Russian: поже́ртвование
- Spanish: donación, donativo