- A thick, malleable substance made by mixing flour with other ingredients such as water, eggs, and/or butter, that is made into a particular form and then baked.
- Pizza dough is very stretchy.
- (slang) Money.
- His mortgage payments left him short on dough.
- Hey Martin, we are playing a hold'em card game for some dough, would you like to join?
- French: pâte
- German: Teig
- Italian: pasta, impasto
- Portuguese: massa, pasta
- Russian: те́сто
- Spanish: masa, pasta
- French: fric, oseille, galette, pognon, blé, thune, flouze, grisbi
- German: Knete
- Italian: malloppo
- Portuguese: grana
- Russian: ба́бки
- Spanish: pasta, guita, plata, mosca, lana, tela, cuartos, parné
dough (doughs, present participle doughing; past and past participle doughed)
- (transitive) To make into dough.
- The flour was doughed with a suitable quantity of water.