download (plural downloads)
- A file transfer to the local computer.
- The download took longer than I expected.
- A file that has been, or will be transferred in this way.
- I got the download but it wouldn't work on my computer.
- French: téléchargement
- German: Download, Herunterladen
- Italian: download, scaricamento
- Portuguese: download, descarregamento
- Russian: ска́чивание
- Spanish: descarga, transferencia directa
download (downloads, present participle downloading; past and past participle downloaded)
- (transitive, computing) To transfer data from a remote computer (server) to a local computer, usually via a network.
- Synonyms: copy, move, transfer
- Antonyms: upload
- You can download a trial version of the program for thirty days to determine whether you want to purchase the full version.
- (transitive, nonstandard) To upload; to copy a file from a local computer to a remote computer via a network.
- (transitive, nonstandard) To transfer a file to or from removable media.
- I needed to download photos to a CD-ROM
- (transitive, nonstandard) To install software.
- French: télécharger
- German: herunterladen, downloaden
- Italian: scaricare
- Portuguese: descarregar, baixar (Brazil), fazer download, sacar (colloquial)
- Russian: ска́чивать
- Spanish: descargar, bajar