dromedary (plural dromedaries)
- The single-humped#Adjective|humped camel (Camelus dromedarius).
- Synonyms: Arabian camel, dromedarian, dromedary camel, Somali camel
- 1694, [Thomas] d’Urfey, The Comical History of Don Quixote. […], part I, London: Printed for Samuel Briscoe, […], OCLC 606102933 ↗, Act I, scene ii, page 6 ↗:
- Oh, thou Dromedary, thou Founder'd Mule, without a Pack-ſaddle; or what other foul Beaſt ſhall I call thee, for Man thou art not, nor haſt not been to me, Heaven knows the time when? Art not thou aſham'd to ſee me, thou Nincompoop?
- Any swift#Adjective|swift ride#Verb|riding camel.
- French: dromadaire
- German: Dromedar
- Italian: dromedario
- Portuguese: dromedário
- Russian: одного́рбый верблю́д
- Spanish: dromedario