- Someone who has left an educational institution without completing the course
- The politicians of the world are mere political university dropouts.
- Someone who has opted out of conventional society.
- One who suddenly leaves anything, or the act of doing so.
- (cycling) The slot in the frame that accepts the axles of the wheels.
- A damaged portion of a tape or disk, causing a brief omission of audio, video, or data.
- Momentary loss of an electronic signal.
- A technique for regularizing a neural network by discarding a random subset of its units.
- German: Abbrecher, Abbrecherin, Uni-Abbrecher (college), Uni-Abbrecherin, Schulabbrecher (school), Schulabbrecherin, Studienabbrecher (studies), Studienabbrecherin
- Italian: emarginato, escluso, rinunciatario, abbandono, ripetente
- Spanish: estudiante de carrera trunca