- IPA: /ˈdʌm.æs/
dumbass (plural dumbasses)
- (US, vulgar, slang) A stupid or foolish person.
- The dumbass walked off with my car keys and left me hers.
- See also Thesaurus:fool
- French: abruti, crétin, andouille, tête de nœud
- German: Blödmann, Trottel
- Portuguese: torpe, tonto, burro, asno, mula
- Russian: тупи́ца
- Spanish: torpe, tontón, tarado, gilipollas, pendejo
- (US, vulgar, slang) Stupid, foolish.
- That dumbass driver ruined my car!
- 2015, Jason Reynolds, Brendan Kiely, All American Boys, Simon and Schuster (ISBN 9781481463355)
- I zipped my coat up to the neck, worried now that going to the march was more dumbass than I'd thought. It got closer—the only frigging thing in the road!—and I realized I was shaking. I couldn't move.