- IPA: /ˈdaɪ.ɪŋ/
dying (not comparable)
- Approaching death; about to die; moribund.
- The dying dog was put out of his misery with a single shot!
- dying fire
- Declining, terminal, or drawing to an end.
- In the dying moments of daylight I glimpsed a sail on the horizon.
- Pertaining to death, or the moments before death.
- His dying words were of his mother.
- until my dying day
- his dying bed
- Russian: погибать
- Portuguese: de morte
- Russian: предсме́ртный
- German: Sterben
- Russian: умира́ние
- (with "the") Those who are currently expiring, moribund.
- The battlefield was littered with the dead and dying.
- present participle of die#English|die
- (nonstandard) present participle of dye#English|dye