- All; every; qualifying a singular noun, indicating all examples of the thing so named seen as individual or separate items (compare every).
- Make sure you wash each bowl well.
- The sun comes up each morning and sets each night.
- French: chaque
- German: alle, jeder
- Italian: ogni (adjective), ognuno (pronoun), ciascuno (pronoun)
- Portuguese: cada
- Russian: ка́ждый
- Spanish: cada
each (not comparable)Translations Pronoun
- Every one; every thing.
- I'm going to give each of you a chance to win.
- From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.
each (plural eaches)
- (operations, philosophy) An individual item: the least quantitative unit in a grouping.