earthworm (plural earthworms)
- A worm that lives in the ground.
- A worm of the family Lumbricidae, or, more generally, of the suborder Lumbricina.
- (figurative) A contemptible person; a groveller.
- (a ground-living worm) rainworm, groundworm; wiggler, red worm, red wiggler (Southern US); nightwalker (New England); nightcrawler (Northern US, Western US); dew worm (US Great Lakes region, Canada)
- French: ver de terre, lombric (formal), lèche (Louisiana)
- German: (usual) Regenwurm; (other names) Aalwurm, Erdwurm, Tauwurm; (biology) Gemeiner Regenwurm
- Italian: lombrico
- Portuguese: minhoca
- Russian: дождево́й че́рвь
- Spanish: lombriz de tierra, gusano de tierra
- German: Kriecher
- Russian: червя́к