ejaculate (ejaculates, present participle ejaculating; past and past participle ejaculated)
- (transitive) To eject abruptly; to throw out suddenly and swiftly.
- Synonyms: eject, throw out
- 1712, Richard Blackmore, Creation: A Philosophical Poem. Demonstrating the Existence and Providence of a God. In Seven Books, book I, London: Printed for S. Buckley, at the Dolphin in Little-Britain; and J[acob] Tonson, at Shakespear's Head over-against Catherine-Street in the Strand, OCLC 731619916 ↗; 5th edition, Dublin: Printed by S. Powell, for G. Risk, G. Ewing, and W. Smith, in Dame's-street, 1727, OCLC 728300884 ↗, page 7 ↗:
- The mighty Magnet from the Center darts / This ſtrong, tho' ſubtile Force, thro' all the Parts: / Its active Rays ejaculated thence, / Irradiate all the wide Circumference.
- (intransitive) To say abruptly.
- Synonyms: blurt out
- 1922 February, James Joyce, “[Episode 16]”, in Ulysses, Paris: Shakespeare & Co.; Sylvia Beach, OCLC 560090630 ↗; republished London: Published for the Egoist Press, London by John Rodker, Paris, October 1922, OCLC 2297483 ↗:
- —Half a crown, Stephen responded. I daresay he needs it to sleep somewhere.
—Needs! Mr Bloom ejaculated, professing not the least surprise at the intelligence, I can quite credit the assertion and I guarantee he invariably does.
- (biology, transitive) To eject or suddenly throw fluid or some other substance from a duct or other body structure.
- (specifically, transitive and intransitive) Of a human being or other mammal: to forcibly eject from the urethra in response to sexual stimulation, in a male, semen; and, in a female, vaginal fluid.
- Synonyms: Thesaurus:ejaculate
- Men can ejaculate between 0.1 and 10 milliliters of semen on average.
- With a groan, he ejaculated on his abdomen.
- Russian: восклица́ть
- French: éjaculer
- German: (both) ejakulieren
- Italian: eiaculare
- Portuguese: ejacular
- Russian: эякули́ровать
- Spanish: eyacular
- Fluid or some other substance ejected or suddenly thrown from a duct or other body structure; specifically, semen or vaginal fluid ejected by a human being or other mammal during an ejaculation.