- IPA: /ɪˈlɛktəɹət/
electorate (plural electorates)
- (historical) The dominion of an Elector in the Holy Roman Empire.
- The collective people of a country, state, or electoral district who are entitled to vote.
- The votes have been counted and the electorate has spoken.
- The geographic area encompassing an electoral district.
- The electorate of Finchley borders on the electorate of Much-Binding-in-the-Marsh, splitting the new housing estate of Royal Cupolas.
- (collective people) constituency
- (geographic area) riding (Canada), constituency (United Kingdom), seat (Australia), division (Australia), ward, district, electoral district
- French: électorat
- German: Wählerschaft
- Italian: elettorato
- Portuguese: eleitorado
- Russian: электора́т
- Spanish: electorado