- IPA: /ɪˈmænsɪpeɪt/
emancipate (emancipates, present participle emancipating; past and past participle emancipated)
- To set free from the power of another; to liberate; as:
- To free from any controlling influence, especially from anything which exerts undue or evil influence
- emancipate someone from prejudices or error
- 1980, Bob Marley, Redemption Song
- Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
- From how many troublesome and slavish impertinences […] he had emancipated and freed himself.
- to emancipate the human conscience
- Freed; set at liberty.