- IPA: /ɪmˈbæɹəsɪŋ/
- present participle of embarrass#English|embarrass
- The action of the verb to embarrass; embarrassment.
- It seemed, at first, to be agreed, that the King should be addressed by the Assembly; but the time of presenting, because of the present embarrassings of affairs, to be left to the Commission.
- French: embarrassant, gênant
- German: peinlich, bemühend (Switzerland)
- Italian: imbarazzante
- Portuguese: embaraçoso, constrangedor
- Russian: смуща́ющий
- Spanish: vergonzoso, embarazoso (colloquial), bochornoso, abochornante, sonrojante