- The process of embodying.
- (countable) A physical entity typifying an abstract concept.
- You are the very embodiment of beauty.
- 1880, W. S. Gilbert, Iolanthe
- The law is the true embodiment Of everything that's excellent. It has no kind of fault or flaw, And I, my Lords, embody the law.
- 2017 September 27, David Browne, "Hugh Hefner, 'Playboy' Founder, Dead at 91 ↗," Rolling Stone
- And with his trademark smoking jackets and pipes – and the silk pajamas he would often wear to work – Hefner became the embodiment of a sexually adventurous yet urbane image and lifestyle, a seeming role model for generations of men.
- French: incarnation
- German: Verkörperung, Inbegriff, Inkarnation
- Italian: incarnazione
- Portuguese: personificação
- Russian: воплоще́ние
- Spanish: encarnación