- (British) IPA: /ɛmjʊˈleɪʃən/
- The endeavor or desire to equal or excel someone else in qualities or actions.
- a great figure who is worthy of respect and emulation
- (obsolete) Jealous rivalry; envy; envious contention.
- 1624, Democritus Junior [pseudonym; Robert Burton], The Anatomy of Melancholy: […], 2nd edition, Oxford, Oxfordshire: Printed by John Lichfield and James Short, for Henry Cripps, OCLC 54573970 ↗:, New York Review Books 2001, p.263:
- Scarce two gentlemen dwell together in the country […] , but there is emulation betwixt them and their servants, some quarrel or some grudge betwixt their wives or children […]
- (computing) Running a program or other software designed for a different system, by simulating parts of the other system.
- Russian: эмуляция