- IPA: /ɪnˈɡeɪd͡ʒɪŋ/, /ɪŋˈɡeɪd͡ʒɪŋ/
- That engages the attention; engrossing, interesting; enthralling.
- I found the first of the Harry Potter books a very engaging read.
- Charming; attractive, especially of a manner or behaviour.
- Beauty, of course, and a bright, engaging personality — or at least the ability to fake one — are prerequisites for entering the Miss World competition.
- (that engages the attention) absorbing, compelling, engrossing, enthralling, interesting
- (charming) appealing, attractive, sweet
- (that engages the attention) boring, dull, unengaging, uninteresting
- (charming) boorish, rude, uncivil, uncivilised
- Portuguese: cativante, engajador
- German: einnehmend
- present participle of engage#English|engage