- The practice of incising a design onto a hard, flat surface, by cutting grooves into it.
- (printing) The art of producing an image from an engraved printing form, typically made of copper.
- Coordinate terms: drypoint#English|drypoint, etching#English|etching
- Hypernyms: intaglio
- hyponyms en
- (countable) A print produced from an engraving.
- (music) The art of drawing music notation at high quality, particularly on a computer.
- French: gravure
- German: Gravieren, Stechen
- Italian: incisione
- Portuguese: gravura
- Russian: грави́рование
- Spanish: grabado
- present participle of engrave#English|engrave