- To take pleasure in something; to have feelings of enjoyment.
- 1909, Archibald Marshall [pseudonym; Arthur Hammond Marshall], chapter I, in The Squire’s Daughter, London: Methuen, OCLC 12026604 ↗; republished New York, N.Y.: Dodd, Mead and Company, 1919, OCLC 491297620 ↗:
- They stayed together during three dances, went out on to the terrace, explored wherever they were permitted to explore, paid two visits to the buffet, and enjoyed themselves much in the same way as if they had been school-children surreptitiously breaking loose from an assembly of grown-ups.
- Synonyms: have a good time
- French: amuser, égayer, prendre du bon temps
- German: Spaß haben
- Italian: divertirsi
- Portuguese: divertir-se
- Russian: наслажда́ться
- Spanish: divertirse, pasarlo bien, gustarse