- IPA: /ˈɛntɚˌpɹaɪz/
- A company, business, organization, or other purposeful endeavor.
- The government sponsored enterprises (GSEs) are a group of financial services corporations which have been created by the United States Congress.
- A micro-enterprise is defined as a business having 5 or fewer employees and a low seed capital.
- An undertaking, venture, or project, especially a daring and courageous one.
- Biosphere 2 was a scientific enterprise aimed at the exploration of the complex web of interactions within life systems.
- (uncountable) A willingness to undertake new or risky projects; energy and initiative.
- He has shown great enterprise throughout his early career.
, Continuing to Live
- This loss of interest, hair, and enterprise — / Ah, if the game were poker, yes, / You might discard them, draw a full house! / But it's chess.
- (uncountable) Active participation in projects.
- French: entreprise
- German: Unternehmen
- Italian: impresa
- Portuguese: empresa
- Russian: предприя́тие
- Spanish: empresa
- French: venture
- German: Unterfangen, Vorhaben
- Portuguese: empreendimento, empreitada
- Russian: (рискованный) прое́кт
- Spanish: empresa, emprendimiento
- French: initiative
- German: Unternehmungsgeist, Unternehmungslust
- Portuguese: iniciativa
- Russian: предприи́мчивость
- Spanish: empuje, iniciativa
enterprise (enterprises, present participle enterprising; past and past participle enterprised)
- (intransitive) To undertake an enterprise, or something hazardous or difficult.
- (transitive) To undertake; to begin and attempt to perform; to venture upon.
- The business must be enterprised this night.
- What would I not renounce or enterprise for you!
- (transitive) To treat with hospitality; to entertain.
- Him at the threshold met, and well did enterprise.
- A city in Coffee County, Alabama.
- An unincorporated community in Amador County, California.
- An unincorporated community in Lake County, California.
- An unincorporated community in Volusia County, Florida.
- An unincorporated community in Spencer County, Indiana.
- A small city in Dickinson County, Kansas.
- A town in Clarke County, Mississippi.
- An unincorporated community in Union County, Mississippi.
- An unincorporated community in Linn County, Missouri.
- An unincorporated community in Shelby County, Missouri.
- An unincorporated town/and/census-designated place in Clark County, Nevada.
- An unincorporated community in Hocking County, Ohio.
- An unincorporated community in Preble County, Ohio.
- A city/county seat in Wallowa County, Oregon.
- A city in Washington County, Utah.
- A census-designated place in Morgan County, Utah.
- An unincorporated community in Wirt County, West Virginia.
- A town/and/unincorporated community in Oneida County, Wisconsin.
- A hamlet in South Slave Region, Northwest Territories.
- A hamlet in Stone Mills, Ontario.
- A rural municipality in Saskatchewan, Canada.
- A village in Demerara-Mahaica, Guyana.