entitle (entitles, present participle entitling; past and past participle entitled)
- To give a title to.
- To dignify by an honorary designation.
- To give power or authority (to do something).
- A passport entitles the bearer to travel to other countries.
- To give rightful ownership.
- To give a title to a book, film, play, etc.
- (give a title to) designate, name; see also Thesaurus:denominate
- (dignify by an honorary designation) elevate, ennoble, invest
- (give power, authority) empower, enable, qualify
- (give rightful ownership)
- (give a title to a book) name
- German: den Titel verleihen, die Würde verleihen
- German: berechtigen, das Recht geben, das Recht erteilen
- Russian: дава́ть пра́во
- French: intituler
- German: benennen, betiteln
- Italian: intitolare
- Portuguese: intitular
- Russian: озагла́вливать
- Spanish: intitular