- Containing an error; inaccurate.
- His answer to the sum was erroneous.
- Derived from an error.
- His conclusion was erroneous, since it was based on a false assumption.
- Her choice at the line-up proved to be erroneous, as she had only seen the mugger for an instant.
- (obsolete) Wandering; erratic.
- (legal) Deviating from the requirements of the law, but without a lack of legal authority, thus not illegal.
- (containing an error) inaccurate, incorrect, wrong
- (derived from an error) fallacious, false, faulty, flawed
- (mistaken) mistaken, wrong
- (legal: deviating from the requirements of the law)
- French: erroné
- German: unrichtig, fehlerhaft
- Italian: erroneo
- Portuguese: erróneo (Portugal), errôneo (Brazil)
- Russian: ло́жный
- Spanish: erróneo