- IPA: /ˈɛkskɹəmənt/
- (now specifically) Human and animal solid waste excreted from the bowels; feces.
- (archaic) Any waste matter excreted from the human or animal body, or discharged by bodily organs.
- 1603, Michel de Montaigne, John Florio, transl., The Essayes, […], printed at London: By Val[entine] Simmes for Edward Blount […], OCLC 946730821 ↗:, Folio Society, 2006, vol.1, p.97:
- A French Gentleman was ever wont to blow his nose in his hand […]. He asked me on a time, what privilege this filthie excrement had, that wee should have a daintie linnen cloth or handkercher to receive the same.
- See also Thesaurus:feces
- French: excrément
- German: Ausscheidungen, Kot
- Italian: escremento
- Portuguese: excremento, fezes
- Russian: кал
- Spanish: excremento
excrement (plural excrements)