exemplar (plural exemplars)
- Something fit#Adjective|fit to be imitated; an ideal, a model#Noun|model.
- Synonyms: Thesaurus:model
- A role model.
- Something typical or representative#Adjective|representative of a class#Noun|class; an example.
- Synonyms: Thesaurus:exemplar
- A pattern#Noun|pattern after which others should be made; an archetype.
- A well known usage of a scientific theory.
- A handwritten manuscript used by a scribe#Noun|scribe to make a handwritten copy; the original#Adjective|original copy of what gets multiply#Adjective|multiply reproduced in a copy machine.
- A copy of a book#Noun|book or piece of writing#Noun|writing.
- German: Vorbild, Vergleichstück
- Russian: образе́ц
- (obsolete) Exemplary.
- 1603, Michel de Montaigne, chapter 8, in John Florio, transl., The Essayes, […], book II, printed at London: By Val[entine] Simmes for Edward Blount […], OCLC 946730821 ↗:
- In our age we have no patterne of motherly affection more exemplare, than yours.