- Deserving honour#Noun|honour, respect#Noun|respect and admiration.
- Of such high quality that it should serve#Verb|serve as an example to be imitated; ideal, perfect#Adjective|perfect.
- Her behaviour was always exemplary.
- Serving as a warning#Noun|warning; monitory.
- exemplary justice, exemplary punishment, exemplary damages
- Providing an example or illustration.
- French: exemplaire
- German: vorbildlich, beispielhaft
- Italian: esemplare
- Portuguese: exemplar
- Russian: приме́рный
- Spanish: ejemplar
exemplary (plural exemplaries)
- (obsolete) An example, or typical instance.
- (obsolete) A copy#Noun|copy of a book#Noun|book or a piece of writing#Noun|writing.