- The quality of being meagre or scanty.
- Synonyms: exiguousness, meagreness, scantiness
- 1658, Thomas Browne, “The Garden of Cyrus. […]. Chapter III.”, in Hydriotaphia, Urne-buriall, […] Together with The Garden of Cyrus, […], London: Printed for Hen[ry] Brome […], OCLC 48702491 ↗; reprinted as Hydriotaphia (The English Replicas), New York, N.Y.: Payson & Clarke Ltd., 1927, OCLC 78413388 ↗, page 136 ↗:
- The exiguity and ſmallneſſe of ſome ſeeds extending to large productions is one of the magnalities of nature, ſomewhat illuſtrating the work of the Creation, and vaſt production from nothing.
- German: Dürftigkeit, Spärlichkeit
- Italian: esiguità, sparutezza
- Portuguese: exiguidade
- Spanish: exigüidad, escasez