- Foreign, especially in an exciting way.
- an exotic appearance
- Nothing was so splendid and exotic as the ambassador.
- Non-native to the ecosystem.
- (finance) Being or relating to an option with features that make it more complex than commonly traded options.
- French: exotique
- German: exotisch
- Italian: esotico
- Portuguese: exótico
- Russian: экзоти́ческий
- Spanish: exótico
exotic (plural exotics)
- (biology) An organism that is exotic to an environment.
- An exotic dancer; a stripteaser.
- (physics) Any exotic particle.
- Glueballs, theoretical particles composed only of gluons, are exotics.