- IPA: /ɪkˈspænʃən/
- The act or process of expanding.
- The expansion of metals and plastics in response to heat is well understood.
- The fractional change in unit length per unit length per unit temperature change.
- A new addition.
- My new office is in the expansion behind the main building.
- A product to be used with a previous product.
- This expansion requires the original game board.
- That which is expanded; expanse; extended surface.
- the starred expansion of the skies
- (steam engines) The operation of steam in a cylinder after its communication with the boiler has been cut off, by which it continues to exert pressure upon the moving piston.
- French: expansion
- German: Expansion
- Italian: espansione
- Portuguese: expansão
- Russian: расшире́ние
- Spanish: expansión
- Russian: пристро́йка