- Extraordinarily capable or knowledgeable.
- I am expert at making a simple situation complex.
- My cousin is an expert pianist.
- Characteristic of an expert.
- This problem requires expert knowledge.
- See also Thesaurus:skillful
- Spanish: pericial
expert (plural experts)
- A person with extensive knowledge or ability in a given subject.
- If an expert says it can't be done, get another expert. - David Ben-Gurion
- We called in several experts on the subject, but they couldn't reach an agreement.
- (chess) A player ranking just below master.
- French: expert
- German: Experte, Fachmann, Fachfrau
- Italian: esperto
- Portuguese: expert, especialista, perito
- Russian: экспе́рт
- Spanish: perito, experto, conocedor