- Very specific, clear, or detailed.
- I gave explicit instructions for him to stay here, but he followed me, anyway.
- (euphemism) Containing material (e.g. language or film footage) that might be deemed offensive or graphic.
- The film had several scenes including explicit language and sex.
- (very specific, clear) express, manifest, overt; see also Thesaurus:explicit
- (containing offensive material) raunchy
- German: eindeutig, ausdrücklich, deutlich, explizit
- Portuguese: explícito
- Russian: я́сный
- Spanish: explícito
- Russian: открове́нный
- Spanish: vulgar