- (Canada, America) IPA: /ˈfeɪljɚ/
- State or condition of not meeting a desirable or intended objective, opposite of success.
- An object, person or endeavour in a state of failure or incapable of success.
- Termination of the ability of an item to perform its required function; breakdown.
- (person incapable of success) loser
- French: échec
- German: Misserfolg, Ausfall, Verschlechterung, Misslingen, Versagen, Fehlschlag
- Italian: fallimento, insuccesso, avaria, fiasco
- Portuguese: falha, fracasso, falhanço
- Russian: прова́л
- Spanish: fallo, fracaso
- French: raté
- German: Versager, Versagerin, Niete
- Portuguese: fracassado
- Russian: неуда́чник
- Spanish: fracasado
- French: panne
- German: Pleite, Versagen, Ausfall, Panne
- Portuguese: falha
- Russian: поло́мка
- Spanish: avería