- IPA: /ˈfæntəsi/, /ˈfæntəzi/
- That which comes from one's imagination.
- (literature) The literary genre generally dealing with themes of magic and the supernatural, imaginary worlds and creatures, etc.
- A fantastical design.
- (slang) The drug gamma-hydroxybutyric acid.
- French: fantaisie, imaginaire, fantasme
- German: Fantasie
- Italian: fantasia
- Portuguese: fantasia
- Russian: фанта́зия
- Spanish: fantasia
fantasy (fantasies, present participle fantasying; past and past participle fantasied)
- (literary, psychoanalysis) To fantasize (about).
- (obsolete) To have a fancy for; to be pleased with; to like.
- (transitive) To imagine; to conceive mentally.