- IPA: /ˈfæʃənəbl̩/
- Characteristic of or influenced by a current popular trend or style.
- a fashionable dress; a fashionable man
- Established or favoured by custom or use; current; prevailing at a particular time.
- the fashionable philosophy; fashionable opinions
- (archaic) genteel; well-bred
- fashionable society
- 1602, William Shakespeare, ''Troilus and Cressida, Act III, sc 3:
- Time is like a fashionable host / That slightly shakes his parting guest by the hand.
- French: à la mode, en vogue
- German: modisch
- Portuguese: moderno, na moda
- Russian: мо́дный
- Spanish: a la moda, de moda
fashionable (plural fashionables)
- A fashionable person; a fop