- IPA: /ˈfeɪv(ə)ɹəbəl/
- Pleasing, encouraging or approving.
- Synonyms: approving, encouraging, good, pleasing
- Antonyms: bad, discouraging, displeasing, unfavorable
- The candidate wearing the business suite made a favourable impression.
- Useful or helpful.
- Synonyms: advantageous, helpful, useful
- Antonyms: unhelpful
- We made quick progress, due to favourable winds.
- Convenient or at a suitable time; opportune.
- Synonyms: convenient, good, handy, opportune, suitable
- Antonyms: bad, inconvenient, inopportune, unsuitable
- The rain stopped at a favourable time for our tennis match.
- Auspicious or lucky.
- Synonyms: auspicious, fortunate, lucky
- Antonyms: inauspicious, unfavourable, unlucky
- She says that she was born under a favourable star.
- French: favorable
- German: günstig
- Italian: favorevole
- Portuguese: favorável
- Russian: благоприя́тный
- Spanish: favorable