fiber (American spelling)
- (countable) A single elongated piece of a given material, roughly round in cross-section, often twisted with other fibers to form thread.
- The microscope showed a single blue fiber stuck to the sole of the shoe.
- (uncountable) A material in the form of fibers.
- The cloth is made from strange, somewhat rough fiber.
- (textiles) A material whose length is at least 1000 times its width.
- Please use polyester fiber for this shirt.
- Dietary fiber.
- Fresh vegetables are a good source of fiber
- (figuratively) Moral strength and resolve.
- The ordeal was a test of everyone's fiber.
- (mathematics) The preimage of a given point in the range of a map.
- holonyms en
- meronyms en
- Under this map, any two values in the fiber of a given point on the circle differ by 2π
- (category theory) Said to be of a morphism over a global element: The pullback of the said morphism along the said global element.
- (computing) A kind of lightweight thread of execution.