- IPA: /fɪtɪŋ/
- present participle of fit#English|fit
- (informal, US, with infinitive) Getting ready; preparing.
- I'm fitting to go home and sleep.
- (ready) fixing to (see also going to)
- A small part, especially a standardized or detachable part of a device or machine.
- (engineering) A tube connector; a standardized connecting part of a piping system to attach sections of pipe together, such as a coupling
- The act of trying on clothes to inspect or adjust the fit.
- (manufacturing) The process of fitting up; especially of applying craft methods such as skilled filing to the making and assembling of machines or other products.
- (chiefly British, often plural) A removable item in a house or other building, which can be taken with one when one moves out, such as a moveable piece of furniture, a carpet, picture, etc.; US furnishing; compare fixture.
- the fittings of a church or study
- (uncountable) The action or condition of having fits in the sense of seizures or convulsions.
- Since her medication was changed, her fitting has got worse.
- German: Formstück, Teil, Maschinenteil, Passstück, Paßstück, Armatur, Element, Zubehör
- Russian: фи́тинг
- German: Verbindungsstück, Anschlußstück, Muffe, Fitting, Anschlussstück, Verbinder, Formstück, Rohrleitungsverbinder, Rohrleitungsverbindung, Verbindung
- French: essayage
- German: Anprobe, Anpassung, Anprobieren, Anpassen
- Portuguese: prova
- Russian: приме́рка