fixture (plural fixtures)
- (legal) Something that is fixed in place, especially a permanent appliance or other item of personal property that is considered part of a house and is sold with it; compare fitting, furnishing.
- A regular patron of a place or institution.
- A lighting unit; a luminaire.
- (sports) A scheduled match.
- (computing, programming) A state that can be recreated, used as a baseline for running software tests.
- A work-holding or support device used in the manufacturing industry.
- German: Installation, Zubehörteil, festes Inventar, feste Einrichtung
- German: angesetztes Spiel
- Spanish: fixture
- German: Halterung
- Russian: приспособле́ние
fixture (fixtures, present participle fixturing; past and past participle fixtured)
- (transitive) To furnish with, as, or in a fixture.
- The device is available in both handheld and fixtured models.
- (transitive, sports, Australia, New Zealand) To schedule (a match).