flatiron (plural flatirons)
- A simple iron (for pressing laundry) which is heated on a stove.
- A pair of metal tongs with heated ceramic plates used for straightening hair.
- (especially referring to the shape of a building) a quadrilateral with two parallel sides, one of which is very short, and whose non-parallel sides are longer than either parallel side.
- (geomorphology) A steeply sloping triangular landform created by the differential erosion of a steeply dipping, erosion-resistant layer of rock overlying softer strata.
- Ellipsis of flat iron steak#English|flat iron steak
- (tool for hair) straightener
flatiron (not comparable)
- Having a flatiron shape.
- a flatiron building