- A machine that flies.
- (dated) An airplane pilot.
- A person who travels by airplane.
- A leaflet, often for advertising.
- The part of a spinning machine that twists the thread as it takes it to and winds it on the bobbin
- (architecture) An arch that connects a flying buttress into the structure it supports.
- (acrobatics, cheerleading, synchronized swimming) The person who is lifted and/or thrown by another person or persons.
- (firearms) A stray shot away from the group on a target.
- A standard rectangular step of a staircase (as opposed to a winder).
- A female kangaroo; a roo; a doe; a jill.
- A leap or jump.
- A risky investment or other venture.
- French: tract, prospectus, flyer
- German: Flugblatt, Flyer, Rundschreiben
- Italian: annuncio, volantino, opuscolo
- Portuguese: folheto, panfleto, circular
- Russian: листо́вка
- Spanish: volante, octavilla, circular
flyer (flyers, present participle flyering; past and past participle flyered)
- (intransitive) To distribute flyers (leaflets).
- (transitive) To distribute flyers in (a location) or to (recipients).