flying fox (plural flying foxes)
- A large Australasian bat, of the genera Pteropus or Acerodon in the family Pteropodidae, having a fox-like face.
- Hypernyms: fruit bat, megabat
- Any bat of the family Pteropodidae (see Usage notes).
- The cyprinid fish Epalzeorhynchos kalopterus.
- A device consisting of a chair suspended on a pulley, and running along a length of cable, used for transporting across ravines etc.
- Synonyms: zipline
- French: renard volant
- German: Eigentlicher Flughund (term also covers genera Mirimiri, Neopteryx, Pteralopex and Styloctenium)
- Portuguese: raposa voadora
- Russian: лету́чая лиси́ца
- Spanish: zorro volador
- Russian: тарза́нка